Saturday, January 1, 2011

This moon is not only beautiful

You are emotionally fucked up and will never understand the inner workings of your identification with love.

  1. You never meant for this to happen. You don’t understand his sense of humor (or merely didn’t acquaint yourself with it) and you’re intimidated by his established, middle-aged nature. But boy is he ever cute.
  2. You’ve never been loved in such a way. You’ve noted the wall you had built in his presence. His facial expressions scare you and you get a funny feeling in your bones when you think of his generosity.


Dear boy,

Because of sweet nothings I had once confided in you in the past I am now haunted by loneliness in your mind. Perhaps this was once the case. However loneliness is the human condition and I’ve grown to accept its lukewarm adoration.
This is not a reason for my justification as I have never had a reason to put my new found strength into words. So here it is! I am careful and happy and all the same I hate to sleep alone.
Now you’re falling away and if it is any consolation I find you to be less charming yet still interesting- halfheartedly so.
We always knew this was the way.

Sincerely,

A fastidious type.